The Area Director contributes to the development and review of Corporate Strategy and Performance, under the direction of the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or delegate, primarily responsible for monitoring and overseeing corporate governance throughout the assigned branch and organization. The Area Director will play a pivotal role in acting as a liaison between the President and CEO or delegate and the assigned branch; and will keep the President and CEO or delegate apprised of what is happening throughout the company. The Area Director is also the primary liaison between the assigned branch, organization, management team and contracted providers such as the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). The Area Director will assess the potential risk to the assigned branch, company and manage this risk accordingly. This individual will also help with the development and evaluation of corporate strategy and operational plans and assess the assigned branch, organization’s progress on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. The Area Director is responsible for ensuring the sustainability of the assigned branch within the organization through continual measurement of profit and loss, as well as monitor and support the growth of the specific programs within the assigned branch, organization and oversee the management team within the assigned branch.
The job duties will include:
- Registered Nurse who directs and manages the functions of the office and the staff in cost-efficient and harmonious manner within the vision and values of Access Healthcare Services Inc.
- Provides leadership and direction within all areas of the Renfrew County Branch located in Pembroke
- Assists in the procurement of private clients/business
- Ensure that staffing meets the collaborative requirements and needs of the clients with the co-ordination team
- Directs the management of recruitment, orientation/training and disciplinary process of staff when required.
- Ensure required reports are completed as required
- Ensure all staff comply with all company and government regulations regarding employees and a safe work environment
- Oversee Renfrew County branch management and office system needs, purchasing equipment, supporting hiring processes, expense reimbursement, securing insurance, and all practice related function etc.
- Investigates and attempts resolution with and for management, staff and/or client concerns or complaints.
- Attends, or delegates the attendance, committee meetings
- Advocates the needs of staff and office to the Director, Client Services
- Efficient in function of other roles within the branch for coverage and/or assistance
- Assists in composition of Request for Proposals, Expressions of Interest etc. for contracts
- Develop plans and education related to identify risks, incidents, adverse events and staff or client complaints/concerns
- Provides directions for all management of incidents reports and ensures appropriate follow up with required reporting including WSIB
- Privacy compliance and management according to regulations
- Ensures practices of the branch are adhered to according to ministry guidelines
- Must participate in the on call rotation
- Must have ability to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift up to 35 pounds;
- Bilingualism is preferred
• BScN, MBA or Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred
• 5 years in management position preferred
• 5 years of experience in nursing, community preferred
• Bilingual in English and French, preferred
• Strong writing skills, including ability to generate professional reports and proposals
• Knowledge and understanding of the management of corporate governance
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and prioritizes work
• Strong knowledge of computer software and database
• Interact with employees, management and the public at large
• Ability to effectively educate as well as attend and conduct presentations.
Access Healthcare Services Inc. will provide accommodations on request throughout recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. Should you require accommodations, please inform the Director, Client Services of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume for consideration by January 20, 2020 to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Area Director|