CURRENT SIGN ON BONUS
The Registered Nurse/ Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor or Manager, is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community/home setting. This care is to be provided within accordance of all internal and external professional practice standards, policies and the established nursing care plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide complete, competent and relevant care to client.
- Develop care plan in collaboration with client. Maintain and update care plan as client’s needs or goals evolve. Add nursing strategies or interventions as per the care plan or as required.
- Perform nursing and specialized skills as per Access Healthcare Service Inc. policy, procedures and completed training.
- Perform all nursing skills as per Access Healthcare Services Inc. Policy, Procedure and professional standards as per licencing body.
- Demonstrate mission, vision and values of Access Healthcare Services Inc. while providing care to clients and/or family.
- Observe and document client’s condition, changes and response to care plan following proper documentation standards and in accordance with licencing body.
- Understand and practice infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Access Healthcare Service Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Report, consult and update members of the interdisciplinary health care team with client’s status and treatment plan.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Graduation from an accredited Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nursing Program;
- Current registration with College of Nurses
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test- asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Use of reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Vulnerable police check
- Possess a minimum of 1 year clinical experience within the last 3 years
- Previous experience in community care, medical/surgical, public health
- Clinical certificates considered an asset
- Bilingual considered an asset
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift up to 35 pounds;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
- Critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Ability to drive for long periods of the day, and drive at night
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent